Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Acceptance

There are two things that I have been thinking about a lot lately as I have been going through the daily life. Two truths about my life that I have recently come to accept. Acceptance to me means moving forward into the future.
I am no longer a teenager, therefore, I must dress and act my age (most of the time). This summer I realized that I needed to not be apart "high school" drama. I must face situations maturely and honestly, which is NOT my natural inclination. I usually just want to run away and wait for it to go away. I also decided to dress more like a "professional" young adult. I had to cut ties with my favorite stores of my youth such as American Eagel Outfitters. I realized that those clothes are made for young adult bodies and I definitely have a woman's body now. Katherine Heigl is my current fashion inspiration. She always looks so classy, but with a touch of hippie. Maturity is always in style.
The major I have chosen has made it impossible for me to have a "normal" college social life and I am okay with that. Though that realization was a long time coming. I have never wanted something so badly before and so I have to make sacrifices to complete my goal. I used to watch amd listen to people talk about their fabulous weekends full of dates and carefree fun and I was jealous. Now that I have made amazing friends in my program I am so happy. I can't compare my life to anyone else because its not a fair comparison. I decided to be happy with my life and enjoy the journey.

& I saw Life as We Know It with Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel. So cute I cried at least 3 times. And Josh Duhamel is gorgeous. Fergie is a lucky lady.




No comments:

Post a Comment